Monday, December 29, 2008

Granite City Food & Brewery


I went out to grab dinner and a few beers with my sister and girlfriend. It was too late in the evening to make the trek out to 3 Floyd's so we decided to give Granite City a try. I had been there before and it was not that memorable. They had 5 different beers on tap. Alex and I ordered the sampler. There was a light lager (MGD), a bock, a stout, an IPA, a scotch ale, and a mix of light lager and bock. None of the beers were that impressive. Alex and I had a buffalo burger with our beer sampler. Both of the burgers were overcooked. Buffalo has such little fat in it that a med well burger gets real tough on the outside. We asked for med. I will say our server was excellent though. I don't think there will be a next time for me with this place. It reminds me of a watered down yuppie version of Rock Bottom. At least the company and conversation for dinner was good.

No comments: