Friday, December 12, 2008

Sand Creek Brewing Co.-Oscar's Stout


I like to cook and drink. I don't think I had the right combo of food and beer this time though. It really didn't matter because I was cooking for a work xmas party the next day, but sweet potato quesadillas don't go well with a chocolate oatmeal stout. The stout is from Sand Creek Brewing which is located in Black Falls, Wis. One of my favorite and most frustrating trout streams islocated in Black Falls. I also once tripped while walking alongside the bank right into the stream once. I wish I had video of that. It ended with me laughing hysterically at myself in the middle of the stream with waders full of cold ass water. The Wisconsin craft beers keep on getting better and better. This is a solid stout. It has a nice chocolate flavor up front that leads to a creamy coffee after taste. The stout is not too heavy, just nice and mild on the tongue. I could drink this all night long.

No comments: