Wednesday, December 24, 2008

St. Peter's-Winter Ale


Alex picked this one out while shopping at the Whole. I was quite surprised she want to give a winter ale a try. This is a great winter beer. It has a porteresque taste to it. The aroma has lots of coffee and malt with a little fruitiness. The taste is that of chocolate, roasted malt, and coffee. It goes down very smooth or at least I think it does. Alex may have another opinion. This is a little darker beer than she nomally likes to drink. This is definitely a winter brew that you need to try. I miss the old St. Peters bottles that were shaped like flasks.

1 comment:

Alex said...

YAY! I'm mentioned in a post!

I did like that one, but would consider it more of a 'treat' than a normal go-to brew.

It was tasty and the bottle's cool too.